Potassium permanganate is an inorganic chemical compound with the chemical formula KMnO₄. It is a salt consisting of K⁺ and MnO− 4 ions. Formerly known as permanganate of potash or Condy’s crystals, it is a strong oxidizing agent. It was first developed as a disinfectant in 1857. Since then, it’s been widely used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including fungal infections.
- Potassium Permanganate is a useful fish disease treatment; acting against a range of protozoan parasites including Trichodina, Costia and Chilodonella.
- In addition to being an effective anti-parasite treatment, Potassium Permanganate can also assist with bacterial gill disease and bacterial disease such as skin ulcers.
- It will also oxidize dissolved organic matter, reducing the biological oxygen demand and improving water quality and clarity.
- Free Flowing grade Potassium Permanganate is also available in 2oz, 4oz, 6 oz, 8 oz, 16 oz and 50 lb
- Potassium permanganate will restore the efficiency of low performing iron filters
- Dawn Scientifics’ Product comes in powder form for easy use and storage
NOTE : Any of above statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration (FDA).This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. This information provided is general and should not be taken as medical advice. We strongly advise you to have a test batch before use.