To aid in general disease prevention, detoxification of fishes suffering from nitrite or cyanide poisoning and for use as a prophylaxis against fungus infections of fish spawns (eggs), add 10 drops per gallon (3.78 liters) or 1 teaspoon per 10 gallons (37.8 liters) of water (this produces 3 ppm methylene blue). Remove carbon from filters but keep all filtration running. Replace carbon after completion of the treatment.
For use as a dip, prepare a separate tank, add 5 teaspoons per 3 gallons of water (this produces 50 ppm methylene blue). Dip fishes for no more than 10 seconds. Contents treat 240 gallons of average water conditions.
- Works in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- Safe to use with fish eggs and fry.
- Liquid medicated formula is effective against fungus on fish
- Prevention of fungal growth on fish eggs.
- Also treats protozoans like Ich, Chilodonella and Costia
- Provides protection to prevent infections.
- Can be used to reverse nitrite and cyanide poisoning
Precautions: Methylene blue is toxic to plants and is harmful to biological filtration, preventing nitrification and resulting in a rapid rise in ammonia and/or nitrite levels. Treatments should be carried out in a separate tank or other suitable container. Methylene blue can permanently color the silicone sealant and light-colored objects in aquariums.
Made in the USA and comes in an easy-to-use bottle of 1 Oz, can treat up to 60 gallons.