Ammonium Chloride is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula – NH4Cl. It is also known as sal ammoniac, the salt of ammonia and hydrogen chloride. It has diuretic and expectorant effects. In its pure form, it is crystalline salt, white. This compound is highly water-soluble and mildly acidic. Ammonium Chloride has been used in many house hold applications since long time. Dawn Sci’s Ammonium Chloride is useful in many ways and some of the uses are as follows:
• It is used in fertilizers as a nitrogen source.
• It is used in medicine (especially in cough medicine) as an expectorant.
• It is used in glue which helps to bond plywood.
• It is used in Leclanche cells in aqueous solutions.
• It is used in food additives – in bread making as a yeast nutrient.
• It is used as an acidifier.
• It is used in cooling baths to create low temperatures.
• It is used as a buffer solution along with ammonia.
• It is given to cattle as feed supplements’.
• It is also used as a flux to prepare metals for grinding, galvanizing, or soldering in nickel.
• It is used in prevention of urinary stones in sheep, goats, and cattle.
• It is used in textile and leather industry in dyeing, tanning and textile printing.
NOTE : Any of above statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration (FDA).This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. This information provided is general and should not be taken as medical advice. We strongly advise you to have a test batch before use.