Ammonium Chloride is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula – NH4Cl. It is also known as sal ammoniac, the salt of ammonia and hydrogen chloride. It has diuretic and expectorant effects. In its pure form, it is crystalline salt, white. This compound is highly water-soluble and mildly acidic. Ammonium Chloride has been used in many house hold applications since long time. Dawn Sci’s Ammonium Chloride is useful in many ways and some of the uses are as follows:
• It is used in fertilizers as a nitrogen source.
• It is used in medicine (especially in cough medicine) as an expectorant.
• It is used in glue which helps to bond plywood.
• It is used in Leclanche cells in aqueous solutions.
• It is used in food additives – in bread making as a yeast nutrient.
• It is used as an acidifier.
• It is used in cooling baths to create low temperatures.
• It is used as a buffer solution along with ammonia.
• It is given to cattle as feed supplements’.
• It is also used as a flux to prepare metals for grinding, galvanizing, or soldering in nickel.
• It is used in prevention of urinary stones in sheep, goats, and cattle.
• It is used in textile and leather industry in dyeing, tanning and textile printing.
NOTE : Any of above statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration (FDA).This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. This information provided is general and should not be taken as medical advice. We strongly advise you to have a test batch before use.
What are the uses of ammonium chloride?
The number one use of ammonium chloride is as a source of nitrogen in fertilizers (corresponding to 90% of ammonium chloride manufacturing global) Including chloro ammonium phosphate. Rice and wheat are the main vegetation fertilized on this manner. Ammonium chloride is also used as a flux to prepare metals for grinding, galvanizing, or soldering in nickel.
How is ammonium chloride prepared?
Ammonium chloride is produced as one in all the goods in the Solvay procedure for the manufacturing of sodium carbonate. This compound also can be prepared on an industrial scale via reacting ammonia with hydrochloric acid or gaseous hydrogen chloride. Ammonium chloride is understood to occur naturally in sure volcanic areas.
What happens when ammonium chloride is heated?
While heated, ammonium chloride undergoes a decomposition response to yield ammonia and gaseous hydrogen chloride as the products. Although this manner appears much like sublimation procedures, the change is chemical and now not physical.
Is ammonium chloride and bleach dangerous?
If we mix ammonium chloride and bleach it’ll discharge chloramine gas. Chloramine gasoline is poisonous in nature, publicity to chloramine gas reasons inflammation of eyes, nose, throat, and lungs.