Malachite Green is believed to bind strongly with the internal cytoplasmic structures of parasites and interfere in normal metabolism. Use 1 teaspoon (approximately 5 ml) per 10 gallons of water for most treatments. This produces a concentration of 0.05 ppm.
- Works in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- Effective medication to control of external parasites.
- Prevent common protozoan parasites: Ichthyophthinus, Costra, Chilodonella, Ambiphyra, Cryptocaryon Epistylis, Oodinium and Trichodina.
- Effective against common external fungal infections of fishes and eggs
- Effective agent in the control of fungus on fish eggs.
Precautions: Malachite Green is toxic to plants and is harmful to biological filtration, preventing nitrification and resulting in a rapid rise in ammonia and/or nitrite levels. Treatments should be carried out in a separate tank or other suitable container. it can permanently color the silicone sealant and light-colored objects in aquariums.
NOTE: In general – Malachite Green is not recommended for use with invertebrates. It is also recommended not to use some of sensitive fishes or aquatic creatures.
Made in the USA .1 oz can treat up to 60 gallons.