Providing nutrients is a vital part of the metabolic process in the plant’s cell that acts as a water-management source. Give your plants the ability to achieve their full potential with the Potassium Nitrate Powder. This product is used in a variation of ways, but mostly seen in fertilizers and the removal of tree stumps.
Dawn’s Potassium Nitrate is a wonderful product to nourishment for most plants, it can promote healthy and efficient plant growth as well. It’s water-soluble and helps protect chloride-sensitive crops such as strawberries, lettuce, beans and many more.
- Colorless and odorless
- KNO3 potassium nitrate is used in a variation of ways, but mostly seen in fertilizers & tree stump removal
- Produces wonderful nourishment for plants & promotes healthy and efficient growth
- Provide nutrients that are a vital part of the metabolic process in the plant’s cell that acts as a water-management source.
- Ensures a healthy style of living for most plants
- Water-soluble and chloride-free
- Ideal for protecting chloride sensitive crops such as strawberries, lettuce, beans & more.
- Greenhouse-grade fertilizer blend
Made in the USA.
Caution / Handling : Harmful if swallowed in large dosage. May be harmful to eyes or on contact with skin, it is advisable to use appropriate PPE when handling this product. Wash hands thoroughly after use. Store in cool & dry places. Disclaimer : Any of statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases. For Information & SDS visit our website. Read & understand the label & Safety data sheet(SDS) Prior to use.
What is Potassium Nitrate?
Potassium nitrate also called saltpeter or niter, a white solid soluble in water formed by fractional crystallization of sodium nitrate and potassium chloride solutions. It occurs naturally as niter in rocks in India, South Africa and Brazil. When heated, it decomposes to give the nitrite and oxygen. Unlike sodium nitrate, it is non-deliquescent. Potassium nitrate is used in gunpowder, fertilizers and in the laboratory preparation of nitric acid.
Potassium nitrate is the most common desensitizing agent in over-the-counter dentifrices. At a concentration of 5%, potassium nitrate in conjunction with sodium or monofluorophosphate fluoride significantly reduces symptoms within 2 weeks of daily use. Potassium ions penetrate the length of the dentinal tubule and block repolarization of the nerve ending.
Frequent and regular application of a potassium nitrate dentifrice is necessary to avoid recurrence of symptoms, maintain a high abundance of extracellular potassium ions, and maintain the interdental nerves in a hyperpolarized state. Potassium nitrate, often called saltpeter, occurs as an efflorescence in caverns and on soils in arid regions.
Uses of Potassium Nitrate
- It is used as a form of fertilizer, as it contains all the macronutrients needed for the plants to grow.
- It is used as gunpowder in explosives such as bombs, grenades, etc.
- Used in the manufacturing and production of cigarettes.
- It is used extensively used in the preservation of hides
- It has medicinal applications such as a diuretic in medicine
- Used in toothpaste to make the teeth less sensitive to pain
- Used in the food industry to preserve meat against microbial agents
Any of the above statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. This information provided is general and should not be taken as medical advice. We strongly advise you to have a test batch before use.