Potassium permanganate is an inorganic chemical compound with the chemical formula KMnO₄. It is a salt consisting of K⁺ and MnO− 4 ions. Formerly known as permanganate of potash or Condy’s crystals, it is a strong oxidizing agent. It was first developed as a disinfectant in 1857. Since then, it’s been widely used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including fungal infections.
- Potassium Permanganate is a useful fish disease treatment; acting against a range of protozoan parasites including Trichodina, Costia and Chilodonella.
- In addition to being an effective anti-parasite treatment, Potassium Permanganate can also assist with bacterial gill disease and bacterial disease such as skin ulcers.
- It will also oxidize dissolved organic matter, reducing the biological oxygen demand and improving water quality and clarity.
- Free Flowing grade Potassium Permanganate is also available in 2oz, 4oz, 6 oz, 8 oz, 16 oz and 50 lb
- Potassium permanganate will restore the efficiency of low performing iron filters
- Dawn Scientifics’ Product comes in powder form for easy use and storage